Monday, January 17, 2011

Veo Vio stories

I am not sure if Aunt Karen See remembers the whoopla when the Bolosse families would travel North for the Beraca Conference or some other reason for us all to go North to La Pointe.  I for one remember how much I wanted to ride with the Sees so I could hear the Veo (pronounced vee-o,) Vio stories. 

I don't remember the details of the stories (there were way too many!!) but I remember the anticipation of the next adventure.  These were not just quick little stories.  We are talking about a trip that would take at least 7 to 10 hours, depending on the roads and height of the rivers.  Now it is not like Aunt Karen talked the whole way.  She would take breaks because that would be just too much for her.  But she always picked up the story right where she left off. 

I love this memory of our trips North.  Aunt Karen, you tell the BEST stories . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment